HEC-C Study Resources
HEC-C Review Course
Healthcare ethics consultants who are considering taking or preparing to take the Healthcare Ethics Consultant-Certified (HEC-C) examination may be interested in attending the fall HEC-C Review Course, taking place at the 2023 Annual Conference in Baltimore. Organized by ASBH’s Clinical Ethics Consultation Affairs (CECA) Committee and the HEC-C Review Course Task Force, the 3.5-hour course will provide a solid foundation for those taking the examination, and it will include sample questions and discussion about the examination content outline and knowledge statements.
The session will be held in-person on Wednesday, October 11 at 2 PM ET. You can register for this preconference session during the conference registration process. If you have already registered, you can add the session onto your existing registration package by calling Member Services at 847.375.4745.
HEC-C Practice Exam
Developed by the CECA Committee, the practice exam is designed to help candidates prepare for the HEC-C Examination. CECA Committee members used the publicly available certification examination outline and core references to develop practice questions similar in format to those that will appear on the examination.
The HEC-C Practice Exam features
- 50 multiple choice questions, in both stand-alone and scenario-based format;
- a diagnostic report containing each question with the correct answer, the rationale, and reference provided upon the completion of the practice exam;
- additional recommended reading for each question; and
- a demonstrated mapping to the HEC-C Examination Content Outline to help candidates determine content for further study.
Success on the practice test does not guarantee positive results on the certification examination. The online practice test is hosted by Scantron. Scantron is contracted to provide the HEC-C Practice examination and worked separately with the ASBH CECA Committee to develop a practice exam.
After completing the payment process, you will receive a unique user name and password which will be valid for one year. There is no time limit on the practice test and it is not necessary to complete the practice test in one session; you may exit and return to the practice test as often as you like. However, once the practice test has been submitted for scoring, the user name and password will expire and you may not reenter the practice test.
Clinical Ethics Consultation Bundle
Buy three essential Healthcare Ethics Consulting ASBH publications that are included as core resources for the HEC-C Examination. The Clinical Ethics Consultation Bundle includes the following ASBH publications and provides an essential foundation identifying core competencies, improving those competencies, and the application of competencies through the presentation of complex clinical cases.
• Core Competencies in Healthcare Ethics Consultation, 2nd Edition
• Improving Competencies in Clinical Ethics Consultation, 2nd Edition
• A Case-Based Study Guide for Addressing Patient-Centered Ethical Issues in Health Care