HEC-C Study Resources
Developed and presented by ASBH Clinical Ethics Consultation Affairs (CECA) Committee members, this review course will provide a solid foundation for those planning to take or interested in taking the Healthcare Ethics Consultant-Certified (HEC-C) Examination. The course will be highly interactive, with enhanced sample questions providing attendees an opportunity to test their knowledge and connect information with the HEC-C examination content outline, knowledge statements, and core references as a review framework. The 3.5-hour session will include discussion and sample questions in each of the following areas:
- Healthcare Ethics Issues and Concepts: Big Picture
- Healthcare Ethics Issues and Concepts: Clinical Encounters
- Healthcare Systems and Health Law
- Clinical Context
- Local Healthcare Organizations and Policies
The Review Course will occur in Portland on Wednesday, October 26. You can register for the HEC-C Review Course while registering for the 2022 Annual Conference.
HEC-C Practice Exam
Developed by the CECA Committee, the practice exam is designed to help candidates prepare for the HEC-C Examination. CECA Committee members used the publicly available certification examination outline and core references to develop practice questions similar in format to those that will appear on the examination.
The HEC-C Practice Exam features
- 50 multiple choice questions, in both stand-alone and scenario-based format;
- a diagnostic report containing each question with the correct answer, the rationale, and reference provided upon the completion of the practice exam;
- additional recommended reading for each question; and
- a demonstrated mapping to the HEC-C Examination Content Outline to help candidates determine content for further study.
Success on the practice test does not guarantee positive results on the certification examination. The online practice test is hosted by Scantron. Scantron is contracted to provide the HEC-C Practice examination and worked separately with the ASBH CECA Committee to develop a practice exam.
After completing the payment process, you will receive a unique user name and password which will be valid for one year. There is no time limit on the practice test and it is not necessary to complete the practice test in one session; you may exit and return to the practice test as often as you like. However, once the practice test has been submitted for scoring, the user name and password will expire and you may not reenter the practice test.
After creating your user account and purchasing the test, you may access the test directly here.
Clinical Ethics Consultation Bundle
Buy three essential Healthcare Ethics Consulting ASBH publications that are included as core resources for the HEC-C Examination. The Clinical Ethics Consultation Bundle includes the following ASBH publications and provides an essential foundation identifying core competencies, improving those competencies, and the application of competencies through the presentation of complex clinical cases.
• Core Competencies in Healthcare Ethics Consultation, 2nd Edition
• Improving Competencies in Clinical Ethics Consultation, 2nd Edition
• A Case-Based Study Guide for Addressing Patient-Centered Ethical Issues in Health Care