Thanks for attending the ASBH 2020 Annual Conference!
Below are some frequently asked questions that may be helpful as you navigate our online experience.
- Watch paper and flash presentation recordings
- Connect directly to live debate, panel, performance/exhibition and workshop presentations
- Connect directly to live paper and flash Q&A sessions
- Browse the conference program by session title, Q&A title, abstract name, or presenter
- Watch plenary sessions and participate in live plenary Q&As
- Build a custom itinerary of sessions
- Access all presentation recordings (recordings are available 24 hours after session has ended, recording are available to all attendees until November 12, 2020)
Please make sure you connect to the virtual meeting using Google Chrome. Click here to download Google Chrome.
How do I access the Virtual Meeting?
From your computer: Click the link below to enter the virtual conference platform. Click login. Use the email and password that you registered with. Please make sure pop-ups are allowed. A new window will pop-up that prompts to login using the email you registered for the conference. If a window does not open, look in the URL bar to see if pop-ups were blocked, if you see a picture like the below, click to allow popups.
Virtual Conference Platform
From your phone or tablet: download the Event Pilot app in the app store.
Once downloaded, you can search for our event by entering ASBH in the search bar. Select ASBH20 and click download. The app and the above website will sync your schedule and meeting information. Click login. Use the email and password that you registered with. Please make sure pop-ups are allowed.
How do I access and use the conference schedule?
What is my login information?
Where can I find the session schedule and information on each session?
The session schedule can be found at https://asbh.org/annual-meeting/bioethics-humanities-meeting. Sessions can be sorted by Day, Type or Tracks.
How do I attend a live session? (Debate, Panel, Performance/Exhibition, Workshop, Plenary Session)
You must register for the conference, log in to the Conference platform, and find the session of interest. Fifteen minutes before the session starts, a “Join Webinar” button will become available at the top of the session detail page. Click the button to launch the Zoom webinar.
How do I attend a live session? (Paper Q&A, Flash Q&A, Affinity Group)
You must register for the conference, log in to the Conference platform, and find the session of interest. Fifteen minutes before the session starts, a “Join Virtual Session” button will become available at the top of the session detail page. Click the button to launch the Zoom meeting.
How do I watch a paper or flash presentation recording?
Starting on October 12, 2020, you can use the virtual conference platform to watch the pre-recorded paper and flash presentations.
Log in, then click on the “Paper and Flash Recordings”
Search for specific paper and flash presentation recordings using the search bar, or browse the entire list of recordings by scrolling.
Click on the recording you are interested in watching. A new tab will open and launch the recording. Click the “play” button on the bottom left to play the audio.
After you watch a recording, search the abstract title in the main schedule and find when the paper or flash Q&A for that abstract is scheduled. Add the Q&A to your conference itinerary. Each presenter will have 10 minutes during their Q&A to answer attendee questions regarding their presentations.
What time zone is the schedule in?
The platform only displays session times in Central Daylight Time CDT.
However, once you have built your schedule, you can download it as an .ics file. This can be imported into your calendar app so that you can view your schedule in your local time. Note that you would still need to use the app to access sessions.
To export your schedule:
FROM THE DESKTOP APP
Ensure you are logged in. Open the “Agenda” tab and click the Download My Schedule button. Select “ICS Calendar file”.
FROM THE MOBILE APP
Ensure you are logged in. Click the Schedule tab. Click the Menu icon on the top right. Select Export Schedule and enter the email address to which you’d like to send the .ics calendar file.
Are the sessions recorded?
All live sessions will be recorded through the virtual conference system. The recordings will typically be available on the virtual scheudle around 24 hours after the scheduled session ends. You must be logged in to view the recordings. Recordings are only available until November 12, 2020.
The recordings can be accessed from the session listing in the App. When the recording is available, the “Webinar Closed” or "Virtual Session Closed" message will switch to a “View Recording” button.
How do I attend Antigone in Ferguson?
To attend this session, you must register through www.aifbaltimore.eventbrite.com. This program is hosted in partnership with ASBH on a different site, and you will be able to connect only by registering through www.aifbaltimore.eventbrite.com and following the instructions sent to you. The Zoom link for the event will be distributed and available to registered attendees starting 2 days before the event.
Exhibit Hall and Receptions
What are the Exhibit Hall Hours? (all times are in Central Daylight Time)
Wed, Oct 14: 4-5:30 PM (Welcome Reception): https://live.remo.co/e/asbh-22nd-annual-conference
Thurs, Oct 15: 11:15 AM-12:15 PM, 3-4 PM: https://live.remo.co/e/asbh-22nd-annual-conference-thur
Fri, Oct 16: 10:45-11:45 AM, 2:30-3:45 PM: https://live.remo.co/e/asbh-22nd-annual-conference-frid
Sat, Oct 17: 1-2 PM: https://live.remo.co/e/asbh-22nd-annual-conference-satu
How do I access the Exhibit Hall?
The Exhibit Hall or Reception link sent me to Remo – what is Remo and how do I Login?
- Remo is the networking platform used for our Exhibit Hall, Opening Reception and the New Member, First-Time Attendee, and Students Reception.
- Once you Register for one meeting, you will use that same login information for all events in Remo. You MUST use the email that you registered with (and are receiving emails from ASBH from) in order to be given access to all events.
- A quick video walk through is available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P01JxUBNU2Y
Check your computer’s capability with Remo:
- One-click System Test: HTTPS://GEARTEST.REMO.CO, Test your microphone, camera, speakers, browser, hardware and internet connection on this page.
- Remo works on desktops, laptops and mobile phones. Tablets are not supported at this time.
Do I need to use my camera and microphone to interact in Remo?
To get the full experience of connecting with others, we recommend using a device with a camera and microphone.
How do I join a table? Is there any specific table I should be joining?
- Each table is open for you to join! We encourage you “hop” from table-to-table to engage with as many people and conversations that you can.
- To Join a table: when you enter the room, you will be automatically seated at a table. If you have enabled your camera, it will appear at the top of your screen along with anyone else at your table. We encourage using your camera but you can also interact with just microphone or through the chat.
What are the different floors in Remo?
Floor 1 is where the Exhibitors will be available at their tables during the Exhibit Hours. The other floors are available for attendees to mingle. Additional floors can be used to meet up to chat with someone if you would like as well!
Creating a profile in Remo:
Go to the upper right corner of your window and click on the profile icon. A drop-down menu appears. Click on “Update Profile”. Remo has an online tutorial with pictures and videos at: https://help.remo.co/en/support/solutions/articles/63000241063-how-to-fill-in-your-user-profile
For more information and guided Tutorials:
- Attendee tutorials: https://help.remo.co/en/support/solutions/folders/63000219022
- Checklist before attending an event (computer set-up and profile building): https://help.remo.co/en/support/solutions/articles/63000241111-checklist-before-attending-a-remo-event
- How to connect with others during a Remo event: https://help.remo.co/en/support/solutions/articles/63000241094-how-to-connect-with-guests-during-a-remo-event