The American Society for Bioethics and Humanities
The Society is an educational organization whose purpose is to promote the exchange of ideas and foster multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary, and inter-professional scholarship, research, teaching, policy development, professional development, and collegiality among people engaged in all of the endeavors related to clinical and academic bioethics and the health-related humanities.
These purposes may be advanced by the following kinds of activities:
- Encouraging consideration of issues in human values as they relate to health services, the education of health care professionals, and research.
- Conducting education meetings dealing with such issues.
- Stimulating research in areas of such concern.
- Soliciting and receiving grants, gifts, and bequests and otherwise acquiring and accumulating, holding, and investing assets to be used for such purposes in accordance with these Bylaws.
- Fostering the interests of persons interested in these endeavors. The Society specifically seeks to foster dialogue, collegial endeavors, and membership with persons from diverse cultural, ethnic, and racial backgrounds.
- Contributing to the public discussion of these endeavors and interests including how they relate to public policy.
- Conducting other activities consonant with the Society's purpose and these Bylaws.