ASBH Annual Conference
The American Society for Bioethics and Humanities' Annual Conference connects individuals and groups across many disciplines, all with interest in clinical and academic bioethics and health-related humanities. The conference provides a platform for presenting new ideas, debate, discussion, learning and networking with other professionals in related fields.
After participating in this conference, attendees should be able to:
- Discuss emerging issues in bioethics and the medical humanities
- Discuss and apply recent research findings related to bioethics and the medical humanities
- Reflect on the issues related to the future and uncertainty in bioethics and the medical humanities
Session topics include:
- Clinical ethics and clinical ethics consultation
- Religion, culture and social sciences
- Arts and literature
- Philosophy and history
- Research ethics and empirical research
- Law, public health policy, organizational ethics
- Education and inter-professional studies
- Diversity, disparity and inclusion
The schedule and evaluations for the 2018 conference can be accessed here. Evaluations are open until 12/31/2018.
Registration for the 21st Annual Conference will open in summer 2019.
Hotel and travel options for the 21st Annual Conference in Pittsburgh will be announced in summer 2019.
Become a partner to reach more than 1,200 healthcare professionals, educators, consultants, and others who have an interest in the field of clinical and academic bioethics and the health-related humanities.
2019 Program Committee
Gretchen Case, PhD, Chair
University of Utah
Kelly Dineen, RN JD PhD
Creighton University School of Law
Thomas Cunningham, PhD
Stacey Tovino, JD, PhD
UNLV William S Boyd School of Law
Alex Kon, MD
University of California, San Diego
Ana Iltis, PhD
Wake Forest University
2018 Speaker Disclosures can be accessed here.
View information about past and future conferences.